Want to display your materials on the big screen or coordinate a class assignment that uses it? Are you a student who wants to submit your big screen images to be shown during regular Student Showcases? Submit your information online through one of our forms or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that the Cabell Screen Committee meets once a month to discuss and plan exhibits in advance. We plan a limited number of exhibits each semester and work with artists one month in advance of a show’s debut.
- At least 15 total images. More preferred.
- Best images are bold and simple, without many fine lines
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to size or crop images to create the best image for the screen. Sometimes, the best approach will be to focus on a detail of the work.
- Files should contain the artist’s name
- Still Images
- Highest resolution (dpi) possible – ideally 128 pixels wide x 140 pixels high, 300 pixels/inch, 8-bit color with a black background
- Video Files
- Video length can vary dependent on work
- Video sized in either a 1:1 square format, or if they want to match the size of the screen, the aspect ratio is 35:32 vertical.
- Video files formats accepted: mp4 (preferred) and .mov
- Recommend exporting in Premiere or Adobe Media Encoder with the h.264 codec at 12 mbps.
Copyright and Permissions
- Fill out our online permission form. The artist retains copyright and gives VCU Libraries permission to exhibit their work for a finite period.
Promoting the Exhibit
- Provide a brief written description of the content and, if applicable, title of the exhibit.
- Provide an artist’s statement or bio/background information.
- The screen is a combination of woven, semi-transparent stainless-steel structures, which allows daylight into the building. Embedded in the structure are LED. It is a visual medium only (no sound) and is not high-definition.
- 21 feet wide by 24 feet high
- Pixel configuration – 2-red, 2-green, 2-blue RGB
- Color processing – 48-bit
- Brightness – 8,750 NITS
- Total LEDs – 110,592 pieces