The Center for Teaching Excellence is pleased to announce the recipients of funding from the CTE Small Grants Program for the 2012-2013 award cycle:
- Dave Dixon (School of Pharmacy; with Evan Sisson), Use of recorded clinic visits to improve preceptor assessment of student-patient encounters;
- Hilary Hughes (School of Education, Department of Teaching and Learning; with Hilary Conklin, DePaul University), A cross-context analysis of compassionate, justice-oriented teacher education practice;
- Cristina Stanciu (College of Humanities and Sciences–Department of English), Digital ethnic literary history at VCU: The Classroom Archive Project (CAP);
- Faedah Totah (L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Policy), Enhancing student learning in INTL 101;
- Jaclyn K. Vick (College of Humanities and Sciences–Department of Biology), Medicinal Botany: Examining the role of plants in healthcare practices from diverse cultures; and
- Angela Wetzel (School of Education, Foundations of Education; with Evelyn Reed-Victor and LaRon Scott), Engaging expert teachers with prospective teachers to promote adaptive expertise.
For more information about the CTE Small Grants Program, including reports from past and current recipients as well as upcoming proposal deadlines, please visit http://www.vcu.edu/cte/programs/small_grants.htm.