“K” Line America, Inc. (KAM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, a multi-billion dollar international transportation company serving businesses worldwide with 500 vessels deployed in global trade. We are seeking a qualified and motivated individual to take on the role of Operations Analyst in our Richmond, VA location.
- Create, monitor and adjust voyage instructions beginning from final foreign port prior to proceeding to the U.S.A. or Canada until departure from final U.S. or Canadian port.
- Provide account management related support to the Los Angeles based Sales Team with functions including but not limited to direct communications with customers, managing customer traffic summaries and improving customer related processes.
- Direct and regular telephone and email contact and coordination with major Western Region based automobile customers such as Toyota, Honda and others on day to day needs involving both import and export traffic in various areas including vessel schedules, operations/damage prevention, and volume prospects.
- Coordinate short-term cargo readiness figures and long-term cargo projections with OEM accounts while keeping internal parties updated.
- Monitor changes to local charges and/or port tariffs, and clearly advise and relay impacts of any changes to appropriate internal parties.
- Statistics reporting for annual frequency of port calls and other items as needed.
- Prepare cost savings reports such as bunker consumption, labor, etc.
- Prepare port and cost studies on an as needed basis.
- Investigate and pursue initiatives for cost savings.
- Invoice approval in IMS system.
- Managing mafi processes at U.S. ports as applicable.
- Maintain and update labor ordering times & holiday schedules.
- Maintain distance tables.
- Maintain agency, stevedore and terminal contact listings.
- Flexibility is a key as the position may require flexible hours, some after hours availability, including night and weekends, as well as travel as required.
- Dependability, proactivity and a commitment to teamwork are essential.
- Ability to work independently and with remote parties in a fast paced environment is critical.
- Ability to successfully interface and engage on a professional business level and in a corporate culture/setting with management level personnel of “K” Line customer base.
- Must be able to adapt to a quickly changing working environment.
- Computer skills in MS Excel, Word and general computer knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Operations and/or marine technical experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
At this time “K” Line America, Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
“K” Line America, Inc. offers a challenging, fast paced environment along with an excellent compensation and benefits package. This is an outstanding opportunity to put your skills to work in a dynamic organization and to be a part of a cohesive team!
To learn more about us and apply for this position, click the link below. For consideration, a cover letter and full salary history are required.
“K” Line America, Inc. is a drug free work zone and an equal opportunity employer.