Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Client Services’ role is to provide high quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Temporary Professional to join our Corporate Affairs organization in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will focus primarily in the area of Contributions/Community Relations, with some responsibilities in Communications and Corporate Responsibility.
Specific accountabilities include:
Contributions & Community Relations – Non-profit organization research, grant proposal analysis and tracking, signature community event coordination, assistance in administering an internal employee charitable fund, and support for non-profit board placements of key employees.
- Communications – Support media monitoring, social media strategies, daily news clips production and distribution, development of communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Corporate Responsibility – Support reporting practices through tracking of metrics and document substantiation; research external companies and environmental sustainability/corporate responsibility best practices and prepare summaries; assist in developing presentations and materials for stakeholder engagements.
- Program/Process Administration – Track and compile key performance indicators; coordinate scheduling, meetings and events.
- Interest in/familiarity with non-profit organizations, grant-writing and/or grant-making
- Interest in/familiarity with concepts of corporate social responsibility and philanthropy
- Interest in communications and community/public affairs-related work, including special events
- Interest in current events, especially in business and industry, public-sector issues, education and the arts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen carefully and synthesize information effectively
- Basic business and computer acumen, particularly with spreadsheets, databases, social media applications and search tools
- A professional and courteous manner at all times, especially when speaking with external stakeholders
Ability to exercise good judgment independently and work with minimal supervision
Ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads, and make sound decisions while working flexibly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
This is job ID number 6619 in hirebusrams!