Intern, Marketing and Event Coordination
How many people can answer the question, “What do you do for a living?” with the answer, “I help find cures for cancer.” At LLS, employees and volunteers take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters as an intern or an Executive Director, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, “job.”
Position Title: Intern, Campaign Coordination -Virginia Chapter
As an intern with LLS, you will be responsible for assisting Campaign staff with all aspects of their fundraising campaigns including, but not limited to, recruitment, outreach, planning, logistics, data input and communication. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working in a reputable nonprofit organization.
Must have a desire to work in the nonprofit sector and gain experience in mission-based work. Intern should have strong organization skills, the ability to multi-task, strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to switch gears in a fast-paced environment, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, basic comfort level on the phone and a desire to help those living with blood cancers.
· Intern will work directly with campaign staff
· Intern will assist in marketing and communications for LLS fundraising campaigns
· Assist with the planning, organization and execution of events
· Public relations functions (e.g., writing press releases, event literature)
· Communication with prospective participants for the different campaigns through email, phone and in-person meetings
· Distribution of LLS campaign marketing materials around the Richmond area
· Data input & general administrative tasks
· Lead social media efforts through Facebook & Twitter
· Educational training in management, communications, marketing, liberal arts, public relations, sales, or related background
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Strong writing and interpersonal skills
· Interest in fundraising, nonprofits, special events planning and fitness
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel & Publisher is preferred
· GPA of 3.0 or above
Benefits to Student:
· Gain practical working skills and experience in the non-profit sector
· Intern will develop documents that can serve as work samples for their portfolio
· Networking opportunities and business experience for resume
· This is a great learning experience in fundraising, special events and marketing.
For consideration, please submit resume and references to:
Kate Moore, Campaign Coordinator
5540 Falmouth Street, Suite #101
Richmond, VA 23230
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.