Your Success Story Belongs on my Blog!

Hi Students and Alumni,

I know some of you have received wonderful new opportunities for either full-time positions, part-time work, or internships.  I would like to share your successes on my Blog!  Stop being so shy because a little recognition never hurts!

If you are interested in telling my Bloggers about your success, just send me an email with a picture.

It does not have to be as long story, but I would like to have you tell us the title of the position, when you start (month and year), and your major and graduation date.  In addition, briefly answer some of the questions I have listed, or come up with your own!!!  I am flexible!

I think one of my favorite emails was when a student thanked me for bringing attention to student success.  My student said that the stories keep her encouraged and some of the successful students gave her tips on what she can do to find a great opportunity.  She promised me that when she gets her first internship, she will allow me to share her story as well.

To make your success blog, here are some typical questions you can answer:

• Jobs/Internships are not easy to find in this competitive market.  What did you do to stand out from your competition?
  • What excites you about your new position?
  • Based on your experience, what are your top three recommendations for others seeking an internship or full-time position?
  • CREATE YOUR OWN QUESTION!

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, Darlene (dward@vcu.edu)