Human Resources Generalist
Develop your career with the hardworking, passionate team members of ColonialWebb.
This entry-level HR Generalist position provides broad human resources support to managers’ execution of talent management objectives as well as corporate HR administration, coordination, and compliance. This role is ideal for a driven individual beginning their career in HR and looking for exposure to a variety of HR disciplines.
What you’ll do
Talent On-Boarding, Management and Development
- Delivers “New Supervisor / Manager HR Orientations.” Develops training curriculum, schedules training, and follow-up.
- Maintains New Employee On-Boarding Program.
- Coordinates employment assessments.
- Performs developmental needs analyses and coordinates employee training.
- Coordinates and tracks diversity, EEO, ethics, and other corporate training.
- Assists managers in the review of employee performance appraisals, individual development plans, personal improvement plans, and progressive discipline.
Employee Relations, Administration, and Compliance
- Works with HR Manager to maintain the Employee Handbook and update or draft company policies, procedures, and other department and company communications.
- Performs exit interviews.
- Responds to, investigates, and assists in the resolution of employee issues and complaints.
- Analyzes market competitiveness through datamining and employment surveys.
- Develops, updates, and maintains department documents, logs, templates, forms, and HR SharePoint site.
- Supports (through administration and execution) the compliance of EEO, Affirmative Action, Employer Postings, and other related HR laws and regulations.
- Coordinates Contract Labor Agreements and maintains approved vendor log.
- Administers Non-Solicitation/Confidentiality and corporate compliance agreements.
- Assists recruiting (as necessary): i.e., attends career fairs, interviews, screens, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality, protecting company, personal, and private information.
- Responsive to employees and managers.
- Attends various meetings and functions as required.
- Works safely, encourages others to do so, and complies with applicable health and safety-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Performs additional assignments and projects as required.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- (Some) general human resources work exposure, preferably through an internship or one to two years of work experience.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or bachelor’s degree in an applicable field of study plus exceptional knowledge, skills, abilities, and attributes (as described below).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong writing skills: Ability to proofread, edit and write at a high level. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning, usage, and spelling of words, rules of composition (grammar, formatting, punctuation, tone/context), able to write clearly and persuasively and adapt toward different audiences.
- Strong judgment skills: Able to analyze, assess, apply logic, conclude the value and quality of people, situations/risk, and potential outcomes, and then make decisions.
- General knowledge of human resources disciplines including talent management and development, administration and compliance, employee relations, and on-boarding.
- Skillful listener with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teaching, coaching, and presentation/public speaking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, administrative, planning/preparation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload, with the ability to timely coordinate and perform concurrent (and disciplinarily diverse) activities and projects.
- Demonstrated skill, experience, and proficiency with technology to include Microsoft Office, and Internet researching, (HR/ERP software a plus).
- Ability to comfortably interact with all levels of team members, including executive management.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Independent worker with strong work ethic. Requires little direction and supervision to tackle responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative; anticipates, seeks out solutions, and acts.
- Engages others through his/her personality; is enthusiastic, passionate, outgoing, approachable, optimistic, and high energy.
- Possesses a professional demeanor (appearance, attitude, and behavior).
- Team player: Unselfishly cooperates with others. Willing to get his/her “hands dirty” in different projects and helps others where needed.
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Mid-South, specializing in Construction, Service, Industrial Refrigeration, and Manufacturing. We provide service to customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
We install, maintain and upgrade mechanical systems for America’s best buildings. We can build, service, or retrofit systems for virtually any type of building – from schools and museums to high-rise office buildings and hospitals – even industrial plants that manufacture everything from potato chips to computer chips. We provide customers with engineering, design, construction, manufacturing, maintenance and repair support in the fields of HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Process Piping, Building Automation and Controls, Electrical, Green Energy Solutions, and Water Treatment Systems.
As a Comfort Systems USA company (recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies for the fourth consecutive year), our nationwide scope gives us distinct advantages over our local competitors. We share best practices, ideas and technology to give our customers better project quality, performance and safety. With the extensive work history of our subsidiaries, we form “centers of excellence” to guarantee success on our projects, no matter how large or small.
Founded in 1972, ColonialWebb now employs nearly 800 of the most dedicated and talented people in the industry and operates out of 9 regional offices throughout Virginia, DC, Maryland, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Schedule and Travel
- Work location: ColonialWebb corporate office, Richmond, VA. Located at 2820 Ackley Avenue in Henrico’s West End.
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as duties demand.
- Occasional travel to offsite meetings, regional offices, and jobsites, mostly during the workday (rare overnight travel). Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to safely travel throughout our region.
What we’ll offer you
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Opportunities for career growth, training and development.
Fun and caring team.
Company computer and other technological resources.
401(k) plan with a generous company match.
Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
ColonialWell, our Wellness Program.
Life and accidental death insurance.
Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave.
Scholarship program for employees’ children.
Discounts at major cell phone, computer, auto (and more) companies.
Sound cool? Apply today at ColonialWebb.com (upload your Cover Letter and Resume). Thank you for your interest in our great company!
If you are interested, please shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know.