Harris, Hardy & Johnstone, P.C.
2018 Tax Season Internship
To apply: send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and put HHJ in the subject line.
Harris, Hardy & Johnstone, P.C. is a full service public accounting firm with more than four decades of quality accounting services with a local community focus. When businesses and individuals in the greater Richmond, Virginia area seek a truly local team of trusted financial advisors, they partner with Harris, Hardy & Johnstone, P.C.
HH&J is seeking talented, motivated and service minded accounting students for our February – April, 2018 Internship program.
As an intern at HH&J you will:
• Learn how to use accounting and/or tax preparation software;
• Receive direct hands on training from our experienced staff;
• Assist in the preparation of tax returns;
• Experience what it’s like to work in a fun and professional work environment;
• Explore the variety and potential career opportunities with a community firm.
Throughout your internship with us, you will be mentored and coached by team members in varying roles to help assist in your development. You will gain varying work experiences and we will provide you with regular and direct feedback on your job performance.
• Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting or other relevant field required;
• Must have a 3.25 GPA or better and be in their junior or senior year of college;
• Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA.
• Must be service minded and be able to handle multiple projects at one time;
• Will have previous leadership experience within an organization, school, or work setting;
• Will preferably have some experience working in some form of a customer service role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to follow instructions as directed;
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting;
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn;
• Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance;
• Ability to prepare simple tax returns;
• Must be flexible and able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week from approximately February through April 15 depending on the work available.