The School of Engineering Career Services works diligently to build relationships within the corporate community to assist companies in advancing their brand among VCU engineering students as an employer of choice. We offer a number of ways to find the perfect career candidate including a wide range of programs for student engagement and job and internship posting opportunities.
Why Partner with the School of Engineering?
There are many different reasons to partner with the School of Engineering including:
- A diverse student body: VCU’s student population is ranked as one of the most diverse in the nation and the School of Engineering is committed to the intellectual and academic success of a diverse student body.
- Vast and innovative degree offerings: B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees are offered in mechanical, nuclear, biomedical, electrical, computer, and chemical and life science engineering, and computer science. Additionally, the School of Engineering features one of the region’s most comprehensive nuclear engineering programs, including the country’s only hybrid mechanical and nuclear engineering doctoral program.
- ‘Real world’ experience: The School of Engineering’s partnership with industry is reflected in the curriculum, joint research initiatives, and corporate-sponsored senior design projects.
- A commitment to growth and advancement: The School of Engineering’s enrollment has grown to over 1,500 total undergraduate students and approximately 240 graduate students since the school’s founding class in 1996. Our goal is for VCU Engineering to be the national model for innovation in engineering and research.
The School of Engineering Career Services offers several different opportunities throughout the year for employers to connect with students including:
- Career fairs: Join a host of employers as they meet hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students ready for careers that require strong skill sets, innovative minds and teamwork. Mark your calendars for the fall Engineering Career Fair scheduled for September 23, 2014.
- Corporate Connections Day sponsorship: This exclusive marketing opportunity provides the chance to network with hundreds of students over a coffee hour followed by a more intimate conversation with students over lunch. Contact us to reserve your date now!
- Mock Interviews: As a follow-up to the Career Fair, we offer mock interviews as a way for students to develop strong interviewing skills. For fall 2014, Mock Interviews will be held from 9 am – 4 pm on October 7 & 8. We need your help to conduct these interviews and hope you will considering giving some of your time to support VCU’s engineering students. For your convenience, you may choose to participate in the entire day or in the morning or afternoon session only. To confirm you participation, click here.
- Etiquette dinners: Etiquette dinners teach students proper etiquette and protocol for professional dining, allowing them to be more comfortable and confident as they enter the workforce and encounter professional-social settings. Join us by sponsoring a table. The fall Etiquette Dinner is scheduled for October 30, 2014. Contact us today to learn more about becoming a sponsor!
- Senior Design Expo sponsorship: Each year, the School of Engineering hosts the Senior Design Expo as a way for undergraduate engineering students to share their capstone senior projects with the greater Richmond community and to increase the awareness of the engineering profession among middle and high school students. Learn more about how to sponsor this event and assist students purchase materials needed for the successful completion of their projects here.
Other Engagement Opportunities:
- Engineering Employer Meet & Greet: In recognition of our Dean’s Society level sponsors, we provide an opportunity for these select companies to join us for the Engineering Employer Meet & Greet. This event serves as a great way for our supporters to build buzz about their companies before the Career Fair. To learn more about the Engineering Employer Meet & Greet and how you can become a Dean’s Society level sponsor, contact us by calling 804-828-7128.
- Employer showcase: Network with our students to introduce them to your company and highlight internship and career opportunities.
- On-campus interviews: Use our career center facilities to conduct interviews, providing convenience for you as well as our students.
- Site visits: Schedule a field trip to your site, where students can experience firsthand what it’s like to work at your business.
- Internships: Offering internship opportunities for students is a great opportunity to staff your future workforce. Learn more about the importance of interns here. By taking the time to to mentor an eager VCU student, you can start to develop a genuine relationship that will be beneficial in the future. Visit HireVCURams to post your internship opportunities today!
Job and Internship Posting Opportunities
Our FREE web-based recruiting site for VCU students, HireVCURams, allows you to post your internship and career opportunities, efficiently manage applications, register for recruitment events, and career fairs. Visit the HireVCURams website to learn more.
For more information or assistance, please contact:
Anita Hazel Taylor, director
(804) 827-7028 | email@example.com