Special Agent I, Crime Scene- South Carolina

Serve as a Special Agent I in SLED’s Crime Scene Department.  Maintain competency and provide the State of South Carolina with expertise in crime scene investigation, and one or more of the following: footwear/tire tread examination, bloodstain pattern analysis/crime scene reconstruction, or advanced digital photography.

Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with science courses or a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience in crime scene or investigations.

Must demonstrate the ability to work in dynamic crime scene environments and perform effectively under stressful conditions.

Must successfully complete training at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and obtain Class I Law Enforcement Certification.

Must successfully complete the Crime Scene Training Program and relevant portions of the Latent Print DepartmentTraining Manual.

Position requires 24 hour call-out duty, travel, and some overnight travel.

Must be able to process indoor and outdoor crime scenes in varying climate conditions for extended periods of time.

Must be able to move and transport articles/items that may be found at a crime scene and must be able to work around and handle deceased persons.

For more information, see Special Agent I