Forensic Chemist I/II (DNA Analyst)-Maryland

CLOSING DATE: 8/14/17

This announcement will be used to fill a full-time position in the DNA Unit of the Anne Arundel County Police Department.

This position may be filled at one of the following levels based on the skills, credentials and level of experience of the successful candidate.

FORENSIC CHEMIST I: $52,219 – $91,446 per year

FORENSIC CHEMIST II: $56,233 – $98,475 per year

This is entry (I) and full performance (II) level technical and professional work in a forensic laboratory conducting analyses, making identifications and comparisons, and giving expert opinions on biological evidence.

The Forensic Chemist (DNA Unit) is responsible for the laboratory analysis of biological evidence related to law enforcement investigations. Analysts must have mastery of the theory, procedures, and techniques necessary to produce reliable results and conclusions.

The minimum qualifications for each level of the series are as follows:

FORENSIC CHEMIST I: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in forensic science, chemistry, biology, or other natural science.

FORENSIC CHEMIST II: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in forensic science, chemistry, biology, or other natural science; one (1) or more years of experience in forensic identification and analysis.

For more information, see Forensic Chemist I/II (DNA Analyst)