Fall 2014: Podium Foundation – Program Intern (Deadline: Ongoing)
Name of Organization: Podium Foundation
Position Title: Program Intern
Location of Internship: 320 Hull Street, Studio 153 and Richmond Public Schools
Description of Organization: Podium Foundation is a non-profit whose focus is “empowering creative expression and promoting writing excellence” in Richmond Public Schools. Since 2008, Podium has been supporting the teaching and practice of writing and artful expression in RPS. Through student published journals, writing workshops, quasi-professional hands-on experience, close mentorship, performance opportunities, and more, Podium gives a platform to youth whose voices would otherwise go unheard. Please visit our website at www.thepodiumfoundation.org.
- Create exercises and run writing workshops.
- Collect/organize attendance records, permission slips, student info, etc.
- Review and organize daily reports.
- Organize submissions and facilitate editorial sessions.
- Mentor talented teens.
- Assist with general operations as needed.
- Must be available a minimum of two days, Monday – Thursday, from 2 – 5 pm. Other hours flexible.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Background/interest in Education, English, and/or the Arts.
- Reliable and committed.
- Outgoing and determined to make a connection with teens.
- Passionate about being a major part of this charitable cause.
- Willing to work on a team.
- Creative and flexible, with critical thinking skills.
Internship Timeframe: Fall Semester 2014
Compensation: Unpaid; For Credit: 10 hours per week for a 3 credit internship. 1 and 2 credit internships available, as well as volunteer positions.
Who to Contact:
320 Hull Street, Studio 153, Richmond, VA 23224
How to Contact: Contact Lindy Bumgarner for an application and more information.