Calling all faculty!
Are you interested in developing your technology skills for teaching in medical education? Perhaps you’d like to learn how to use eCurriculum more effectively, or publish scholarly content and media to the web. Maybe you’d to improve your Powerpoint presentations or produce a digital lecture/video. Register now for the 2017 VCU School of Medicine Digital Media Bootcamp!
This year’s bootcamp seeks to help faculty integrate concepts discussed in May 2017’s Lunchtime Learning workshop Innovating Pre-Clinical and Clinical Teaching with Digital Media. Additionally, this year’s bootcamp will feature a high-impact keynote entitled Now Presenting: Create Presentations That Captivate, Inform, and Inspire presented by Jay Phinizy and Stephen Barr from VCU RAMTech. All faculty, students, and trainees are invited to attend this keynote session.
Register for Keynote: Now Presenting: Create presentations that captivate, inform, and inspire @ 12p
By the end of this session, learners will be able to:
- recognize persuasive methods to convey compelling narratives that lead to improved retention
- discover design, type, and graphic resources to enhance visual communication, and
- prepare attractive slides for lectures, conferences, and meetings.
Register for Hands-on training sessions: eCurriculum/Blogs @ 10am, Powerpoint @ 130p, Digital Lectures @ 3p
By the end of these sessions, learners will be able to:
- explore essential features of eCurriculum to engage learners such as the discussion forums and self-assessment tools,
- establish a Rampages blog for publishing scholarly content such as presentations and teaching resources,
- develop Powerpoint skills to master the use of animations, transitions, themes, multimedia, and
- record a digital video and lecture using the Kaltura platform.
Attend one or attend them all! Light snacks will be provided and must be consumed outside of workshop/keynote rooms.
For additional questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org