Period of Employment:
Description & Details
New York, New York
A six month, paid Merchant Development Program (MDP) offering comprehensive, best in class merchant development though cross-functional experiences, classroom learning and exposure to senior leadership. Experiences will lay the groundwork to support a successful career in specialty retail merchandising.
• Initial classroom learning: MDP curriculum and learning developed and facilitated by our Ann Taylor University partners to build the necessary skills and knowledge for on the job training.
• Three, 3 week rotations: 1. Sourcing 2. Planning 3. Allocations to gain understanding of critical cross-functional orientation of specialty retail.
• Continued exposure to business leaders: Leadership Lunches offering insight to successful careers in retail.
• Program objectives tied to projects, supervisor direction & feedback to enhance your understanding of the merchant role as it relates to strategic business plans and results
• Actively participate to the best of his/her ability in all aspects of the program, including on the job training, rotational experience, classroom learning, in-store experience and a cumulative project.
• Complete a cumulative ‘Positive Impact Project’ based on merchant and rotational experiences outlining suggested efficiencies and opportunities for improvement. Present findings to senior leaders at completion of the program.
• Meet and interact with senior leaders to gain perspective on leadership as well as insight into our business. These meetings will also be a requirement of the ‘Positive Impact Project’.
• Meet or exceed all performance objectives within merchandising and rotational areas throughout the program. Receive at least an Above Expectations rating on the Annual Performance Assessment at the completion of the program.
• Strong academic record
• Detail oriented, with excellent follow-through skills
• Sense of urgency, with prioritization skills
• Strong organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
Preferred Method of Application:
Period of Employment: