Administrative Assistant; American Cancer Society – Glen Allen, VA; Closing date to apply: November 7, 2008 Hiring Range: $25,213 – $28,995
We have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated Administrative Assistant for our Glen Allen, VA office. This position will serve Central Virginia.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides customer service to staff in region/department in regards to ordering, processing of work requests, and special needs.
• Provides administrative support to Regional field offices or Department as necessary for the efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
• Effectively researches, collects, organize and disseminate information in a timely fashion.
• Prepares correspondence, memos, reports and other written materials.
• Assists office volunteers in office-related tasks.
• Assists in creating documents and materials utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes as well as other databases specific to the Division.
• Answers phone inquiries and routes calls to appropriate staff.
• Prepares simple analyses of requested information or data.
• Follows procedures for tracking projects to ensure completion.
• Ensures all communication to both internal and external customers is conducted in a professional manner.
• Assists with the recruitment and training of office volunteers as requested.
• Processes all income per ACS Guidelines.
• Ensures invoices are processed in a timely manner.
• Alerts facilities management when appropriate to ensure facilities are maintained.
• Maintains petty cash as necessary
• Assists with meeting logistics and operations.
• Makes business based decisions; maintains complete and updated files and records in accordance with standards of the Division, submits timely and accurate reports; meets timelines, follows through; apprises supervisor of status; provides viable & innovative solutions to problems; attends meetings/trainings, adheres to approved policy/procedure, represents the organization in a professional manner.
• Maintains and orders adequate inventory of American Cancer Society materials as requested.
• Ensures the memorial program procedures adhere to ACS guidelines.
• Ensures all safety guidelines and emergency procedures are followed according to ACS guidelines.
• Processes requests for ACS literature and materials in a timely fashion.
• Assist the public with requests for wigs, prostheses, bras and other patient service materials as necessary.
• Proactively and assertively addresses issues as they arise.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate with a minimum of two years of administrative work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with staff team, volunteers, other organizations, Community leaders and the public at large.
• Intermediate skills on Windows-based PC and Microsoft applications.
• Reliable transportation required
Other Desirable Qualifications:
• Knowledge of general accounting principles preferred.
• Ability to proofread for accuracy
• Good Organizational Skills
South Atlantic Division
Preferred Method of Application:
Through Employer Website
And search Job ID #: 3595