See Yourself at Target:
See a company like no other.
We’re a company living a clear vision; to be the best. In every area of our business. In everything we do.
Our nationwide channel of retail stores, distribution centers, and corporate offices offer you thousands of opportunities to join our diverse team and bring your best.
Imagine a Career in: Store Leadership
Take the lead. As a member of the Leadership Team, you’ll motivate and inspire store team members to consistently deliver their best. Plus, you’ll make sure Target guests get a great shopping experience with every visit.
Job Description: Purpose
As an Executive Team Leader, you will be responsible for one of the following work centers within a store: Logistics, Guest Service, Human Resources, Hardlines, Softlines, Food or Assets Protection. Your three major areas of responsibility include team member management, store leadership, and community service.
• Driving your business by overseeing a department with average sales of $13 million dollars.
• Being responsible for leadership during operating hours, as well as opening and closing the store on assigned days.
• Ensuring great guest service by interacting with guests and team members on the sales floor.
• Assisting with recruiting and hiring of your team.
• Providing your team with orientation and training, coaching and counseling, and on-the job support.
• Striving to achieve sales goals and maintain budget controls.
• 4-year college degree; all majors encouraged to apply
• Desire to pursue a career in retail management
• Conflict management skills
• Leadership and strong decision-making skills
• Assertiveness and initiative
• Team-oriented thinking
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
See the Rewards:
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. See a place of exciting challenges and rewards. See a place where you’ll feel empowered to do something brilliant. See a place filled with creativity and unlimited opportunity. See a place where ‘work’ could easily be called play. See yourself here.
Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Preferred Method of Application:
Through Employer Website, Through RamsRecruiting
Interviews will take place in the School of Business/School of Engineernig Career Center (BECC), room 1102 of Snead Hall.
VCU applicants need to apply in two ways:
1. through RamsRecruiting
You must apply in both ways.
Employer interview selections will be made no later than 2/23/09.
See Yourself at Target: