The Richmond SPCA is seeking an outgoing, creative, and highly motivated manager to lead the organization’s Lora Robins Gift Shop and Robins-Starr Humane Center Front Desk team. This is a full-time position with a Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. schedule.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Managing and scheduling staff (primarily volunteer)
* Training new staff members
* Managing vendor relationships
* Ordering and keeping inventory stocked
* Overseeing store layout and product displays
* Completing accurate daily sales reconciliation and other reporting
* Providing stellar customer service
* Occasional kneeling, stooping, using stairs, reaching, pulling and lifting weights up to approximately 50 pounds
* Previous retail management experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook)
* Ability to multi-task and make appropriate prioritization decisions
* Comfortable with handling/learning to handle both dogs and cats (petting, fitting for collars or harnesses, etc.)
* Valid driver’s license
Please complete the Richmond SPCA employment application (available at www.richmondspca.org/jobs) and e-mail it to Angi Baber at mailto:email@example.com.
Applications may also be faxed to 804-521-0540 or dropped off at the front desk of the Richmond SPCA’s Robins-Starr Humane Center at 2519 Hermitage Road, Richmond. Feel free to submit your resume along with your application.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. No phone calls, please.