(Copy and paste into your browser)
(Copy and paste into your browser)
(Copy and paste the link into your browser)
Need an internship? Gotta Mentor is looking for a Social Media Intern – http://bit.ly/E4dvv
Iraq Internship Description
The Office of International Education is currently seeking 3 mature, hardworking, and culturally sensitive interns to work during July 1-August 10th. During that time VCU will have 25 students from Iraq studying Biotechnology in Richmond. This is a wonderful opportunity to fulfill your internship requirements while experiencing another culture and engaging in fun activities. Trips will include 4 days in New York City, and a daytrip to Virginia Beach, Mount Vernon, and Williamsburg. Please read the internship requirements below. If you are interested, please email your resume, letter of interest/cover letter, and two professional references to Julia Borland at email@example.com no later than June 1st. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and interviews planned accordingly. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply early!
Iraq Program Internship
3 credits in: INTL, HIST, or POLI 493
Summer 2009: July 1- August 10
• Each intern must complete a minimum of 150 hours over the course of the program (approximately 5 weeks).
• Each student must keep a log of hours and fill out a weekly reflections sheet (Director will provide both)
• Each student must complete a final 5-7 page paper and contribute to the final presentation.
Intern Academic Responsibilities
The interns for the Summer Program will:
• Maintain communication with immediate supervisor and coordinator.
• Keep a log of hours, signed weekly by the field supervisor.
• Fill out a weekly reflections sheet
• Email or hand-in log & weekly reflections to the Director no later than Sunday of each week.
• Write a 5-7 page paper documenting your learning experience. The directors will notify you of the due date.
• Create a portfolio containing the log of hours, the weekly reflections, and the paper
• Submit your portfolio and ask the field supervisor to complete the Intern Evaluation Form by the final due date.
• Create a final presentation for the farewell dinner.
Since the interns will be the initial introduction of VCU and the United States to the visiting students, they will:
• Welcome students as they arrive
• Participate in campus tour and Richmond tour
• Discuss issues of culture shock and adjustment to new systems of learning and living.
• Assist students with library and computer databases for their research papers.
• Attend some lectures with the students serving as classroom monitors and participants.
• Attend field trips and pre-departure meetings
• Plan and coordinate evening and weekend activities
Note: During the overnight trips, accommodations will be covered by the Office of International Education; however, students are responsible for their meals & the cost of transportation in VA Beach & N.Y. For the planned daytime excursions, all entry fees will be covered, but students must provide their own meals.
Go here to enter to win!
Only recent VCU graduates (December 2008, May 2009, August 2009) are eligible to win. Only one entry per person please.
(copy and paste into your browser)
Small nonprofit providing legal assistance to low- and lower-middle income taxpayers is seeking a Program Assistant to provide support to the Executive Director and other staff as needed. Work approximately 12-15 hours/ week in a busy, creative and flexible environment.
Responsibilities: Carry out general office and administrative functions (filing, faxing, light typing); compose administrative letters; order supplies; communicate with clients; conduct occasional client intake; create/ maintain filing systems; maintain mailing lists; perform light research.
Qualifications: Applicant should be a professional, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent MS Office skills (Word, Access, Excel) who possesses strong organizational and time management skills. Some college level work or Bachelor’s degree necessary. Applicant should have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to
work well with diverse groups of individuals including low-income clients, attorneys, board members, community advocates, and funders.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
The Community Tax Law Project
No phone calls, please.
Children, Incorporated seeks to fill the following position. Please submit a cover letter, resume’ and a salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Development Associate is involved with marketing and public relations, special events, and donor development. This position supports all areas of development with a key focus on marketing and public relations. The Development Associate operates under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Donor Development and works closely with other development staff, senior management, program directors, donors, making communication and interpersonal skills a must
in this position.
I. Supports Director of Marketing and Donor Development in all areas of fundraising, marketing, publicity, and donor relations.
II. Writes and edits a wide range of media: brochures, newsletters, e-newsletters, website, blog, and social media sites.
III. Shares responsibility with the Director of Marketing and Donor Development in overseeing the project management of all marketing and advertising initiatives.
IV. Works with Development staff in the planning and execution of all special events.
V. Plays a key role in the design, coordination, and implementation of the stewardship program.
VI. Supports efforts to develop, expand and market special funds.
VII. Participates in public speaking at community events, civic group meetings, and other engagements.
VIII. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Required experience and skills:
* Must be able to participate well as a team member
* Customer-oriented demeanor required
* Excellent writing skills and a high degree of comfort with public speaking
* Strong knowledge of blogging, Facebook, Twitter, and other forms of social media
* Ability to multi-task and change focus as business/market needs dictate
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of all major Microsoft applications
(Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Minimum of a bachelors degree
* Able to travel as needed to react to donor and marketing opportunities
* Basic mathematical skills
* Basic awareness of social and cross-cultural issues
* Prior experience with data entry or database maintenance
Virginia R. Ellis
Director of Administrative Operations
Provides counseling and support to high risk and incarcerated youth and their families. Maintains facility safety through supervising youth and enforcing policies and procedures. Manages special programs, and performs other duties as required. Ensures public safety through the control and supervision of those residents in secure detention.
Changes to Compensation Plan pending approval
• Maintains security and population count at all times.
• Operates Control Room panel and responsible for security control.
• Supervises children in their daily routine and participation in a comprehensive activities program.
• Implements residential treatment plan and unit treatment services.
• Provides therapeutic intervention designed to promote and support positive behavior changes.
• Maintains contact with parents, school officials and parole officers.
• Maintains case management records and records daily behavior observations.
• Prepares reports to the court summarizing the behavior and pertinent information of residents on their caseload.
• Assigns and supervises children in daily light housekeeping tasks such as making beds, mopping floors, dusting furniture and cleaning up after meals as per assignments; eats with children and supervises seating and serving as well as table manners.
• Assists in intake and release procedures.
• Maintains basic discipline and control of children as established by policy and procedure.
• Assists school teachers at all times in classrooms.
• Observes children constantly to detect potentially dangerous situations.
• Assists children in relieving their anxieties and tension using counseling and therapeutic intervention techniques.
• Administers first aid and CPR as required.
• Administers medication as directed.
• Assists in maintaining daily log on unit; documenting
Applying through the company’s website for one of the seven openings:
Saint Gertrude High School is currently seeking three full-time instructors for English, French and Spanish for the 2009-2010 school year. All applicants must be certified at the secondary level and require endorsements in these subjects. Email resumes to email@example.com .