Organizer will recruit and lead residents in a neighborhood visioning,
planning and project implementation process in the Greater Fulton community.
The initiative is funded through a grant from the Virginia Local Initiatives
Support Corporation (LISC). The Neighborhood Resource Center in Greater
Fulton was selected by the community to serve as the Convening Agency for
the project. The NRC will provide oversight and a home base for the
organizer throughout the process.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate door-to-door outreach and one-on-one meetings to recruit
residents and community stakeholders into visioning, planning and
• Facilitate and coordinate all aspects of meetings with small neighborhood
work groups and large assemblies of residents
• Help neighbors identify do-able projects and apply for early action
grants; oversee the implementation of those small, momentum building
• Document all meetings, maintain project calendar, draft action plans
• Maintain record keeping and program reporting systems, including time
tracking, performance outcomes and accounting for funds
• Provide basic community organizing training to residents
• Maintain consistent contact with neighborhood residents and stakeholders
• Facilitate relationship-building process throughout the community and
between the community and other entities (government, schools, businesses,
• Other duties as assigned
• Two years previous community organizing experience
• Ability to coordinate multiple groups of volunteers
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ease with people and experience working in diverse communities
• Strong facilitation and project management skills
• Proficient in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), email and
• Willing to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Neighborhood Resource Center is a grassroots educational and cultural
center fostering personal growth and community change in Greater Fulton. The
NRC strengthens individuals and communities by providing opportunities for
neighbors to build relationships, access resources, and develop skills to
enhance their lives and determine the fate of their community.
The NRC is an equal opportunity employer and pays a living wage.