Girl Scouts of Commonwealth Council of Virginia, Inc. is one of 4
councils for the state of Virginia, and serves “more than 16,000 girls
and 5,700 adults in 30 counties and the cities of Emporia, Richmond,
Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Fredericksburg, and Petersburg.”
This is a
summer position. Intern will be provided room and board plus a
monetary stipend. We have two camps: one is located in Hanover,
Virginia and the other is located in Burgess, Virginia. .
• Assist in the design and development of summer camp programs
• Help maintain high quality programs offered at summer camp.
• Assist with budgeting and planning.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Attend all camp activities
• Help to ensure the health, safety and security of the campers.
• Understand the needs, abilities, and interests of girls.
• Appreciate creative outdoor living.
• Be willing to place the needs of girls and camp above personal desires.
• Display integrity, sound judgment, poise, and mature sense of humor.
• Possess good health and the stamina necessary to live in the camp setting.
• Have ability to make decisions and act wisely in an emergency.
all people and have ability to live and work with girls and adults of
various races, religions, and national origins.
• Believe in democratic principles of government and troop management, including positive attitudes toward girl planning.
• Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.
Director of Outdoor Programs
Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia