Students Applying to Medical Schools:
You must release your MCAT scores and your AMCAS/AACOMAS/TMDSAS application to your advisor. Please complete advisor release statement in the Colleges Attended section, under Virginia Commonwealth University. This information is used for data collection only and is completely confidential.
Students Applying to Dental Schools:
You must release your AADSAS/TMDSAS application to your advisor. Please complete advisor release statement. This information is used for data collection only and is completely confidential.
Transmissions request process for Cycle 2018-2019:
** THIS SECTION IS UPDATED FOR THE 2018-2019 CYCLE as of 6/4/18**
- Update VECollect account with your AMCAS/AADSAS/AACOMAS/TMDSAS ID and AMCAS letter ID for your assigned advisor, if applicable.
- Finalize your letters in VE Collect and create your quiver. You may create more than one quiver if you are applying to multiple program types (i.e. a D.O. quiver AND an M.D. quiver, or an M.D. quiver and an M.D./Ph.D. quiver).
- Complete the following transmissions request form, found HERE. The link is live as of Monday, June 4, 2018 at 8:30am. Mistakes in completing this form will result in a delay of processing of your request.
- In your AMCAS/AADSAS/AACOMAS/TMDSAS application, make sure you have listed the correct pre-professional health advisor and contact information as your evaluator.
- Students with the last name A and Kuwaiti Pre-Dental students are assigned to Ms. Sara Kohout (email@example.com)
- Students with the last name B-H are assigned to Mr. Arif Fazel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students with the last name I-P are assigned to Mr. Henry Lewis (email@example.com)
- Students with the last name Q-Z are assigned to Mrs. Sonya Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Post Baccalaureate students assigned to Mrs. Sonya Barnes (email@example.com)
- Office Address:
VCU Pre-Professional Health Advising
900 Park Avenue
P. O. Box 842532
Richmond, VA 23284-2532
In your application, you should only list the name and contact information for your assigned pre-professional health advisor for your committee letter or file letter packet. Do not list the names of your other letter writers in the application if they submitted your letters to our office through VECollect. Your application will appear incomplete to medical and dental schools and delay the processing of your application.
If you would like additional letters of recommendation added to your medical or dental school application, you must have your letter writers submit directly to the centralized application service. Please contact your pre-professional health advisor if you need assistance with the centralized application service.
- We will begin transmitting letters on Monday, July 2, 2018. Requests will be processed in the order that they are received.
- If you are applying to two separate programs (i.e. both M.D. and D.O. schools) you will need to submit two separate requests.
- Letter packets will be transmitted within five (5) business days.
- Application services – AMCAS, AACOMAS, AADSAS will send you electronic notification verifying receipt of your letter packet.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your assigned pre-professional health advisor via email or call 804-827-8648. Please be advised that advisor availability is limited due to New Student Orientation from June 18, 2018 through August 2, 2018. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
A few reminders about the transmission request form:
- If you ONLY want your letters of recommendation sent, select “File Service” in your transmission request.
- If you want your letters of recommendation AND your committee letter sent, select “Committee Packet” in your transmission request (note: Only students who went through the committee process can receive a committee packet).
- If you went through the committee process but do not wish to have your committee letter sent to schools, select “File Service” in your transmission request.
- If you are applying to multiple types of programs (ie: allopathic and osteopathic, Texas schools etc.) you will need to submit a separate request for each type of program.
- If you are using the letters to apply to postbaccalaureate programs, you will need to submit a separate request for each program.
NEW APPLICANTS: A few reminders about VECollect and your quiver:
- Before we can transmit your letters of recommendation, you must have a locked quiver in VECollect.
- If your quiver is unlocked, we will assume that you are still waiting to receive letters and WILL NOT transmit your letters even though you have submitted a transmission request.
- Please name your quiver to indicate the program to which you are applying (ie: MD quiver, DO quiver, DDS quiver).
- You cannot update a quiver once it is locked.
- Any letters that were NOT submitted by the committee deadline of March 26, 2018 MUST be sent directly to the application system you are using (ie AADSAS, AACOMAS, AMCAS, TMDSAS)
RE-APPLICANTS: A few reminders about VECollect and your quiver:
- We are aware of the problem with being unable to see the difference between 2016 letters, 2017 letters and 2018 letters in VECollect.
- Re-applicants DO NOT need to lock their quiver.
- You still must fill out the transmission request form
- Any letters that were NOT submitted by the committee deadline of March 26, 2018 MUST be sent directly to the application system you are using (AADSAS, AACOMAS, AMCAS, TMDSAS)