Employer Name: APVA Preservation Virginia
Web address: www.apva.org
Contact Person: Jennifer Hurst
Title: Statewide Education Coordinator
Division: The John Marshall House
Telephone: 804-648-1889 ex 315
Address: 204 West Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23220
Company Description: The APVA Preservation Virginia is a non-profit preservation group. Founded in 1889 it now cares for 23 historic sites throughout Virginia and promotes preservation of the state’s historic treasures.
Title: John Marshall House Special Projects Intern
Location: The John Marshall House 818 East Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Anticipated Start and End Date: Negotiable
Number of Openings: 3
Job Classification: Semester, part-time, Summer part-time
Job Description: Office organization, Creation/ expansion of marketing list, Constant Contact Email List maintenance and program graphic template creation for email marketing blasts, Lawn and Garden maintenance, winter tulip bulb planting, Creation of Rental Marketing/Outreach flyers, Rental Prospect List Creation—-Weddings, Businesses, Law Firms, House Program Development, Special interior painting, restoration, Special projects, giving tours, manning gift shop.
Compensation: no monetary compensation, but will provide necessary documents for academic credit and references
Schedule: Varied, mainly 11-3 Wed-Fri, 10-5 weekends, adjustable for school schedules, occasional evenings
Required skills: Ability to communicate information to the public in a clear and intelligent manor
Preferred skills: Interest in history or law, knowledge of Microsoft Office, marketing, and advertising design
Locally owned and operated advertising company in Ashland, VA is currently seeing advertising sales associates for the Virginia market.
Job duties include: talking to small business owners, presenting our products and writing contracts. Must be confident and able to get to the decision maker.
Pay structure is commissioned based. You will earn on average$950/wk with the opportunity to earn up to $3000/wk. NO GIMMICKS – NO SCAMS – NO MLM… this is a real career in advertising sales.
This industry has been unaffected by the economy. Small businesses need to cut their advertising costs and we have the products to help them do so to get in front of their prospective customers!
Preferred Method of Application:
Email Employer Contact, Fax, Through Employer Website
Rachel Curling | Office Manager
130 Thompson Street
Ashland, Virginia 23005
United States of America
See Yourself at Target:
See a company like no other.
We’re a company living a clear vision; to be the best. In every area of our business. In everything we do.
Our nationwide channel of retail stores, distribution centers, and corporate offices offer you thousands of opportunities to join our diverse team and bring your best.
Imagine a Career in: Store Leadership
Take the lead. As a member of the Leadership Team, you’ll motivate and inspire store team members to consistently deliver their best. Plus, you’ll make sure Target guests get a great shopping experience with every visit.
Job Description: Purpose
As an Executive Team Leader, you will be responsible for one of the following work centers within a store: Logistics, Guest Service, Human Resources, Hardlines, Softlines, Food or Assets Protection. Your three major areas of responsibility include team member management, store leadership, and community service.
• Driving your business by overseeing a department with average sales of $13 million dollars.
• Being responsible for leadership during operating hours, as well as opening and closing the store on assigned days.
• Ensuring great guest service by interacting with guests and team members on the sales floor.
• Assisting with recruiting and hiring of your team.
• Providing your team with orientation and training, coaching and counseling, and on-the job support.
• Striving to achieve sales goals and maintain budget controls.
• 4-year college degree; all majors encouraged to apply
• Desire to pursue a career in retail management
• Conflict management skills
• Leadership and strong decision-making skills
• Assertiveness and initiative
• Team-oriented thinking
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
See the Rewards:
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. See a place of exciting challenges and rewards. See a place where you’ll feel empowered to do something brilliant. See a place filled with creativity and unlimited opportunity. See a place where ‘work’ could easily be called play. See yourself here.
Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Preferred Method of Application:
Through Employer Website, Through RamsRecruiting
Interviews will take place in the School of Business/School of Engineernig Career Center (BECC), room 1102 of Snead Hall.
VCU applicants need to apply in two ways:
1. through RamsRecruiting
You must apply in both ways.
Employer interview selections will be made no later than 2/23/09.
1. The video game Grand Theft Auto brought in $310 million in its first day of release, twice the amount of the Batman movie The Dark Knight in its opening weekend.- CFO Magazine, 11/08
2. Forty percent of households own a game console. – Parade Magazine, 11/30/08
3. Travelocity found that 38% of travelers say they intend to volunteer while vacationing this year, up from 11% in 2007. – SmartMoney, 12/08
4. In 1970, General Motors, Ford and Chrysler made about 90% of the new cars sold in the U.S. Today their share is closer to 40%. – The Wall Street Journal, 11/28/08
5. Approx. 23 million people in the U.S. are working remotely at least part of the time. This number is expected to grow to approx. 27 million by 2010. – Staffing Management, 12/08
6. In the 2007-08 school year, 623,805 international students studied in the U.S., an increase of 7% over the year earlier (a new record). – Chronicle of Higher Ed, 11/21/08
7. Foreign students in the U.S. contributed an estimated $15 billion to the U.S. economy in 2007-08. – Chronicle of Higher Ed, 11/21/08
8. When comparing online vs. classroom experiences, 28% of classroom-based seniors stated they’d participated in discussions important to their major, compared to 41% of online seniors. – Chronicle of Higher Ed, 11/14/08
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
• Answer telephone, greet clients, and direct them to appropriate Peoples Tax Associates
• Assist Peoples Tax Associates with clerical work related to tax preparation
• Process self-prepared RAL and Bonus Check returns
• Keep personal work area and the entire office neat and orderly at all times
• Complete other administrative and clerical duties as necessary
• Help retain prior clients and generate new clients
• Perform functions related to electronic filing
• Assist with data entry of daily tax office reports
• Assist with all other tasks necessary to enhance client service, office efficiency and image.
• Place quality client service above all other considerations
• Work all hours assigned by Office Manager (Go home when not needed.)
• Represent Peoples in a cheerful, courteous and professional manner at all times
• Dress in professional business attire
• Work cooperatively as a team player with all Peoples associates
• Advise Office Manager of any client (or employee) problems or concerns
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALITIES NEEDED:
• Excellent telephone communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and remain cheerful
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Professional image and demeanor
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• Initiative, self-reliance & perseverance
• This assignment is hourly as agreed during tax season
• Possibility to advance to Tax Preparer next year
Bilingual Spanish/English candidates who would be willing to take
10-Lesson Basic Income Tax Course online (at no cost) preferred.
Preferred Method of Application:
**If you do not have an account, can request one at firstname.lastname@example.org or by stopping by the Career Center in the University Student Commons (across from the Chick-Fil-A).**
DMB Sports Camp in Loudoun County, VA is looking for fun, outgoing, and motivated individuals for our day camps this summer. Our camp programs for kids aged 6-10 include sports camp, art camp, nature camp, and cheerleading camp. We also have a Sport-Trek Challenge Camp program for kids aged 11-5 which includes sports and outdoor activities such as archery, orienteering, and geocaching.
Please visit www.dmbsportscamp.com for information about our camps. For more details and for an application, please email Meg Dudek, Camp Director, at email@example.com
After School Counselor positions available for fun-loving, dependable individuals seeking employment with our after school programs. Responsibilities include sight and sound supervision of a group of 12-15 school-age children. Individuals who can plan and implement group games, and activities are highly desired.
Applicants must be responsible, energetic, have a high school diploma or GED and six months experience working with children.
Hours: Monday through Friday 3:00pm from 6:00pm. Minimum age: 18.
Minimum salary is $7.25/hour.
CPR and First Aid certifications required within 90 days of employment.
Interested candidates should download and submit an application complete with references and work experience to Adria Kilbreath at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are received.
Dollars : $7.25
Hours : 15
CHESTER FAMILY YMCA
CHICKAHOMINY FAMILY YMCA
GOOCHLAND FAMILY YMCA
JAMES CENTER YMCA
JOHN ROLFE FAMILY YMCA
MANCHESTER FAMILY YMCA
MIDLOTHIAN FAMILY YMCA
NORTH RICHMOND YMCA COMMUNITY CENTER
PATRICK HENRY FAMILY YMCA
ELIZABETH RANDOLPH LEWIS POWHATAN YMCA
SHADY GROVE FAMILY YMCA
SOUTHSIDE VA FAMILY YMCA
TUCKAHOE FAMILY YMCA
Want more information? Please visit: http://www.ymcarichmond.org/association/about.aspx?id=5740#Part%20Time%20Job%20Opportunities
Assist in searches for qualified candidates in the Marketing and Advertising fields utilizing job boards and networking events
Review candidate samples to determine ability to successfully execute specific positions
Phone screen potential candidates
Schedule interviews with candidates for Account Manager
An interest in Marketing and Advertising
Keen eye for sharp graphic design and stellar writing abilities
Please email your resumes to: email@example.com.
Participate in a CIA student program and you won’t just be reading about international events – the work you do will become part of the whole story. All you have to do to get started is choose the program that works best for you:
Undergraduate Student Trainee Program (Co-Op)
Undergraduate Internship Program
Part-Time Internship Program
Graduate Studies Program
Undergraduate Scholar Program
You will receive a salary and benefits consistent with the private sector and our permanent employees, as well as transportation expenses between your school and the Washington, DC area, plus assistance with locating housing.
Qualify and apply.
Applicants must be US citizens, at least 18 years old, with a strong academic record and the ability to work in the Washington, DC area. You must be willing and able to successfully complete thorough background and medical examinations and security procedures, including a polygraph interview and drug test.
Learn more about how you can make a difference in keeping our nation secure at www.cia.gov
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work force.