Reports to the Director of Clinical Operations (DCO)
The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) role is to develop, manage, and strengthen the volunteer pool of the medical clinic.
- Develop the volunteer program to identify needs in coordination with the DCO.
- Screen volunteers applicants from the website to assess skill level and fit for the positions needed.
- Ensure a steady flow of trained volunteers based on the needs identified by DCO.
- Facilitate volunteer orientation program.
- Manage monthly volunteer scheduling, including medical providers.
- Conduct periodic evaluations with volunteers to obtain their feedback on organization and volunteer positions.
- Evaluate volunteer performance, organizational fit and progress with on-going feedback to DCO.
- Collaborate with DCO to address and resolve any issues which arise specific to volunteer performance matters.
- Create and manage a volunteer database which includes tracking of volunteer hours, licensure, credentials, contact information, and other data elements.
- Report monthly statistics as directed to DCO.
- Respond in a timely manner to all volunteer applicants.
- Assist in the creation of volunteer position descriptions.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures.
- Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to work in a fast-paced (but rewarding) environment.
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Human resources experience a plus.
- Medical scheduling experience a plus.
- 2 years college or equivalent experience preferred.
- Reliable transportation.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Fan Free Clinic, Inc., Attn: VC Position
PO Box 6477
Richmond, VA 23230
Fax: (804) 354-0702
No phone inquiries please.