General Statement of Duties: The Program Assistant coordinates and monitors all nonclinical operations of the APTS team under the supervision of the team leader. The APTS clinical team is licensed as an ICT team and provides services to individuals with a history of chronic homelessness who have been diagnosed with a serious and persistent mental illness. The APTS Program Assistant reports directly to the APTS Team Leader. The Program Assistant also provides limited administrative assistance to VSH as a whole under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director.
For a complete list of duties and responsibilities, please see our website: www.virginiasupportivehousing.org<http://www.virginiasupportivehousing.org>.
* High School diploma and three years of customer service experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
* Experience with office management procedures required.
* Knowledge of the Intensive/Assertive Community Treatment Model preferred.
* Good computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
* Ability to interact in a professional manner with program participants, VSH peers, and collateral agencies required.
* Ability to function as part of a team program and ability to multi-task required.
* Good oral and written communication skills and attention to detail required.
* Valid driver’s license and ability to meet VSH driving requirements is required.
* Experience with homeless persons, person experiencing a severe and persistent mental illness, the homeless service system, and/or the mental health system is strongly preferred.
Starting salary – $25,000 – $35,000 plus full benefits. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to mailto:email@example.com or fax to 525-1945. No phone calls please. This position closes at 5:00pm on Friday, April 9th.