This is a summer position. Intern will be provided room and board plus a monetary stipend. We have two camps: one is located in Hanover, Virginia and the other is located in Burgess, Virginia. .
• Assist in the design and development of summer camp programs
• Help maintain high quality programs offered at summer camp.
• Assist with budgeting and planning.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Attend all camp activities
• Help to ensure the health, safety and security of the campers.
• Understand the needs, abilities, and interests of girls.
• Appreciate creative outdoor living.
• Be willing to place the needs of girls and camp above personal desires.
• Display integrity, sound judgment, poise, and mature sense of humor.
• Possess good health and the stamina necessary to live in the camp setting.
• Have ability to make decisions and act wisely in an emergency.
• Accept all people and have ability to live and work with girls and adults of various races, religions, and national origins.
• Believe in democratic principles of government and troop management, including positive attitudes toward girl planning.
• Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.
Director of Outdoor Programs
Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia