The patent classifier will be expected to determine appropriate application classifications in accordance with the US Patent Classification and International Patent Classification systems through technical knowledge, research and automated tools.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in science or engineering
Demonstrated experience working on teams within a technical field
Must be a US Citizen
- Must have demonstrated experience in one or more areas for the designated technology area (See Technology Areas Below)
- Strong decision making ability
- Proven ability to learn multiple disciplines
- Ability to show a high degree of initiative, while working with limited guidance
- The ability to multitask, think on the go and adapt to changing situations.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to use automated systems to perform research and classification operations.
- Demonstrated experience performing research.
- Ability to function in a production-based environment, including operating efficiently, accurately and at a significant pace.
- Motivated to exceed the contractual productivity and quality targets.
- Ability to work independently without need of excessive supervision.
- Ability to work on a computer workstation 8 hours per day.
Interested – apply through RamsRecruiting today!
You can find out more by logging into your RamsRecruiting account. Use our One-Click Searches for “New Opportunities Posted by VCU’s RamsRecruiting”. Then, if desired, you can Narrow Your Results feature on the left hand side of your search results.
Make sure that your resume has been approved before you apply for this position. You can do so by contacting your Career Consultant or by utilizing our walk-in hours:
·University Career Center Career Consultants by Major: http://www.students.vcu.edu/careers/meet_us/career_consultants.html
·Walk-in hours (Spring and Fall) are Tuesday through Thursday from 11 am to 1 pm.
Don’t have a RamsRecruiting account?
It is easy to get one! Stop by the Career Center in the University Student Commons (across from the Chick-Fil-A) and request an account or email us at mailto:email@example.com