Task for Week 4

Here are some of the tasks you need to complete during our fourth week.

Work on your news packages. Be ready to give brief updates on  Tuesday. Please go to the Google Doc for our budget (linked as a file in Facebook Group) and fill in your deadline.

Here’s a reminder on the assignment for the news package: Based on your pitch to CBS 6 and the feedback your team received, produce a news packages that includes a written story for online publication (500-600 words, minimum of four sources) as well as multimedia elements (1-2 minute videos, photo slideshow) and social media promotion. Every package needs a thumbnail photo that can be used on the homepage teaser. It is expected that you produce a professional and publishable news packages. Format your stories based on this story structure. Expect to do several rewrites¬† and production efforts for every package. More details will be provided in class discussions.

Write your story in a Google Doc and give me full editing access. Upload your videos to the iPadJournos YouTube channel (keep them private). E-mail me only photos.

The first draft of the news package is due at 11 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 16.

For class on Tuesday, please do the following:

Download the iMovie app ($4.99) to your iPad and have it ready to go. Make sure you have the video from last week’s exercise on your iPad. Review the iMovie tutorials on my Delicious site.

Be ready to present your social media critique. Keep following the news on the election.

There is no class on Thursday.

Use the time to do your reporting for the news package. I am available via e-mail for questions.

On Tuesday, Sept. 17, we are meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the lecture room of the ASPiRE building, 835 West Grace Street. Please be on time. Be ready to pitch your idea for the second news package.

When you plan to do your live tweeting assignment, please let me know beforehand. Remember that I need to grade you.

Have a great week!