Admission to the Accelerated B.S. program is very competitive and we receive many more qualified applications than we have space available. If you received a notification that you were placed on the wait list, know that the faculty saw strength in your application. While each application cycle is different, we hope the information below is helpful to you.
- The earliest we will know if space is available to begin admitting from the wait list is after March 15th and the latest we could potentially pull from the wait list is May 23rd.
- You will be notified via email if you are pulled from the wait list. If you do not hear from us, a space has not opened up for you. If your contact information has or will be changing from what you submitted on your application, let us know – NURADMISSION@vcu.edu.
- We are not able to notify you if movement occurs on the wait list so we do encourage you to check your emails daily.
- If you are pulled from the wait list and offered admission, there will be a very tight turnaround time in which to accept the offer.
- If at any time your plans have changed and you no longer wish to be considered for admission, please email (NURADMISSION@vcu.edu) us to let us know you would like to be removed from the wait list.
- To accept your position on the wait list, you must follow the instructions and respond by the deadline provided in your wait list offer.
We will be in touch as soon as we know if a space becomes available for you!
Admission decisions for 2016 Accelerated B.S. applicants went out today via email to the email address you provided on your Undergraduate Application for Admission. If you did not receive your decision, please check your spam or junk mail folder for an email from NURADMISSION@vcu.edu. If you do not see a message from us, please let us know by emailing us at NURADMISSION@vcu.edu.
If you are planning to apply to the Accelerated B.S. in nursing for the cohort that begins May 2017, you need to be aware of a few substantial changes to the application process:
- The application deadline is changed to September 15, 2016. The application will open early this summer and we will provide full instructions on how to apply on our website.
- All prerequisites must be completed prior to application. The five prerequisite courses listed below must be completed, and transcripts submitted showing completion of these courses, by the September 15th application deadline:
- Lifespan developmental psychology
- The science prerequisites listed above (anatomy, physiology, microbiology) may not be more than 10 years old at the time of application.
Subscribe to this blog to learn more details about applying for 2017 as they become available.
The application deadline for the DNP and Ph.D. programs has been extended from February 1st to March 1st. Details on the application instructions for both programs can be found on our website.
Please let us know if you have any questions about applying and we look forward to receiving your application this month.
The deadline to apply for the Traditional B.S. was February 1st. If you have not already submitted your application and all required credentials, your application cannot be considered this year and you will need to reapply for fall 2017 entry.
The Undergraduate Admissions Office is working diligently to match all applicant credentials received. Please refer to your VCU VIP page for updates to your application and remember to allow them 2 weeks to match and post items to your application. Contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office via email (SONUGRAD@vcu.edu) or telephone (804-828-1222 and ask for the nursing processor) if you have questions about the submission of any required documents.
Applicants who submitted a complete and qualified application by the February 1st deadline will be notified of their status by the School of Nursing by March 1st. Remember to add our email address — NURADMISSION@vcu.edu — to your list of trusted contacts so communication from us does not go to your junk mail or spam folders.
The deadline to submit a complete and qualified application packet to be considered for the Traditional B.S. program beginning fall 2016 is 11:59 p.m. today. Remember, all parts of the application packet must be received by the Undergraduate Admissions Office today.
If you requested transcripts from colleges experiencing delays in processing transcript requests due to the recent winter storms, ask your college(s) to email the Undergraduate Admissions Office today at SONUGRAD@vcu.edu for guidance on submitting your transcripts.
Details on application process are found on our website here.