Cell Phone Service
This section supplies you with all the knowledge you need to find the best wireless communications plan for your unique calling needs.
“There is no one single wireless carrier that is best for everybody”
Don’t just pick the first wireless carrier you hear about, pick the one that can best fill your needs.
There are many different companies who can provide you with wireless communications in Richmond.
Each of these numerous companies offer different calling plans, rates, phones and features. It may sound a bit confusing at first, but this situation is all really to your advantage – each of these companies wants your business very badly! If you can manage to incise through the confusion, you can find a great deal on Cellular service and be confident with your purchase.
- Think about Where, How and When you will use your wireless phone.
- Think about how much you want to spend each month for wireless service.
- Determine which companies provide wireless service in your area.
- Investigate each carrier’s calling plans, rates, features and phones.
- Match a plan to your needs and budget.
- Sign-up for service.
Where, How and When
Probably the most important of these questions is WHERE you will use your wireless phone. One way to think about this is to relate it to your transportation. Where do you travel most? Your local area? Other states? Different countries? Also think about specifically where in these areas you might make calls: Along particular highways? In specific buildings?
Keeping this in mind it is easy to know what you need from a wireless service in terms of:
- The size and shape of local toll-free calling area
- Coverage area
- Roaming needs
- The effect of obstructions, buildings on your service
The next thing to think about is HOW you will use your wireless phone and how important special features are to you.
- Call Waiting, call forwarding, caller ID, etc.
- Other special features and their costs
WHEN and for how long you will use your wireless phone. While you probably want to have it on hand ready to use anytime, there is likely a certain part of the day or certain days of the week when most of your calls will occur. When and where you use the wireless phone, goes hand in hand. Most people make their calls during regular working hours on regular work days. That’s why most carriers define these hours as peak time.
Keeping in mind when you will use your wireless phone and the length of the calls you will make, helps you easily determine you needs in terms of:
- Peak/Off-peak usage minutes
- Weekend/weekday usage
- Emergency usage
How much you would like to spend each month for wireless service
Only you can say how much you want to spend for your wireless service, but no matter how much it is you want to get the most value for your money. Obviously, to get a rough idea of how much wireless service will cost, you need to think about how much you are going to be talking on the phone; this will be a much easier task for experienced cell phone users.
Here are a few points to remember when estimating your costs for service:
- The monthly fee, which generally includes a certain number of free minutes, is charged whether you talk on the phone or not. (Those free minutes are not really free, just included in the package)
- Generally, the more minutes you sign up for, the lower the cost per minute.
- You may pay for calls both made and received.
- As with regular phone service, long distance calls cost more.
- Calls made outside your home coverage area, called roaming, cost more.
- Watch out for extra fees.
- Most wireless company requires an activation fee to start the service.
Find out which companies provide wireless service in your area
Here are all the companies that provide service in Richmond.
- Verizon wireless
Contact the carrier directly to get the most up-to-date and accurate information about their services.
Investigate each carrier’s service plans and phones
- Don’t dismiss any of the carriers simply because they are new, or simply because they have been around awhile and you think you know them. All of the companies on the list are very eager for your wireless calling business – take a look at what they all have to offer.
- Do some other research on the web. Ask friends or anyone you know with wireless phone service, what they think about the company they are signed up with.
Match a plan to your needs and budget
- By now you have a lot of information in front of you, and you are a much more educated consumer. Now you know what you need in a wireless service, and you know what everybody is offering. You can now make an intelligent choice. Always remember that these wireless companies want your business very badly, so look and ask for special promotions that may not be widely advertised.
Sign-up for service
- You should be pretty confident that you have found the service that suite your needs. Good luck with your wireless service!
Some of the Prepaid Services providers
- T-Mobile To Go
- Pre-paid wireless
- Freeup Prepay
The key feature of prepaid cell phone plans is that you pay for your talk minutes before you use them. To start prepaid cell phone service, you usually buy the phone and minutes for a set package price. Then, as you use up your minutes, by talking or texting on your phone, you buy more minutes. You can buy more minutes in the form of a prepaid cellular card from a store, or by using your credit card over your phone or online.
Landline calling and Internet facilities
This is same as one would find in India or anywhere else around the globe. You buy a basic plan and you pay more as you keep on adding features such as caller ID, conference calling, long distance calling, international calling, etc. There are number of companies who offer these services. Some are VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services which requires high speed internet connection.
The link of companies offering land-line calling and or internet facilities in Richmond:
Cable providers in Richmond
Find out the deals and promotions with each one and what do they have to offer in terms of channels, any upgrades, combined package of phone-internet-cable, free or discounted rates for first few months, etc. Here is the list of cable providers in Richmond: