Name: Tompkins-McCaw Library Student Advisory Committee (TMLSAC)
The TMLSAC promotes an open and effective communication channel between the health sciences and professional students and the VCU Libraries. The students may raise library issues to communicate with the Advisor. The Advisor will also bring issues affecting the health science student population to the committee.
The TMLSAC will advise the library in resources and services related to the health sciences student population. This will include but is not limited to:
- library programming
- library policy
- library vision and strategy
The advisor will report back to the Director of Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences any comments or suggestions made at the TMLSAC meetings.
- Each member will be a graduate or professional student in the health sciences
- The committee will consist of 10-12 members; two representatives from each of the health sciences schools (College of Health Professions, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy)
- Undergraduate students and postdoctoral researchers in the health sciences are also encouraged to apply
- Membership will be the duration of one Academic Year (September to April)
- Members will be compensated with a service award of $100 for attending all meetings
- TMLSAC will meet every month on predetermined date at noon for one hour lunch meetings. Most meetings are on the third Thursday of each month.
- Attendance is required. If you are unable to attend a meeting please contact the advisor as soon as possible to reschedule a make-up meeting.
- Meeting minutes will be posted on the TMLSAC Blog.
- Stephen Barkley – TML Operations Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Hurst – Head, Research and Education, email@example.com