Name: Tompkins-McCaw Library Graduate Advisory Committee (TMLGAC)
The TMLGAC promotes an open and effective communication channel between the health sciences graduate and professional students and the VCU Libraries. The students may raise library issues to communicate with the Advisor. The Advisor will also bring issues affecting the health science student population to the committee.
The TMLGAC will advise the library in resources and services related to the health sciences student population. This will include but is not limited to:
- library programming
- library policy
- library vision and strategy
The advisor will report back to the Director of Tompkins-McCaw Library any comments or suggestions made at the TMLGAC meetings.
- Each member will be a graduate or professional student in the health sciences
- The committee will consist of 10 members; two representatives from each of the health sciences schools (Allied Health Professional, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy).
- Membership will be the duration of one Academic Year (September to April)
- Members will be compensated with an honorarium of $100 for attending all meetings
- TMLGAC will meet every month on predetermined date at noon for one hour lunch meetings. Most meetings are on the third Thursday of each month.
- Attendance is required. If you are unable to attend a meeting please contact the advisor as soon as possible to reschedule a make-up meeting.
- Meeting minutes will be posted on the TMLGAC Blog.
- Stephen Barkley – TML Operations Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Hurst – Head, Research and Education, email@example.com