by Katherine Beck
It’s time for reading days here at VCU, marking the mid-point in the semester and the beginning of those dreaded mid-term exams. Students on campus can be seen shuffling more quietly than normal, coffee and books in hand.
While everyone here focuses on their studies, we thought we’d reach out to you seniors out there and pose this question:
How are your college applications coming along?
Just as reading days and mid-term exams crept up on our students here, we want to remind all of you that college application deadlines can be just as sneaky!
As a friendly reminder, here are our deadlines for freshman students applying for fall 2011:
• Guaranteed Admission for the School of Medicine: November 15
• Guaranteed Admission for the all other health professional fields: January 15
• Scholarship Consideration: December 1
• Regular Decision: January 15
A few quick pointers:
• If you plan to apply to one of the Guaranteed Admission programs, consult the Honors College website for information and to find the application: www.honors.vcu.edu
• For scholarship consideration, make sure you submit your application and all required documentation by December 1. Also, don’t forget to write the essay on the application. Check back next week for helpful essay writing tips.
• The best way to apply is to use our online application. It’s convenient, costs less than the paper application, and once you’ve submitted it, you’ll be able to go back online periodically to check to see if we’ve received all of your required materials and documentation. For details and the link to the online application, visit www.ugrad.vcu.edu/apply.
• All students who apply and submit all of the required application materials by January 15 are guaranteed a decision, via the U.S. postal mail, by April 1. We review applications on a rolling basis throughout the fall and spring semesters, so you could hear from us sooner.
Good luck as you start, continue and complete your application!
by Katherine Beck