FAQ’s with Felicia

Over the next few weeks, we will be featuring posts from our Communications Intern, Felicia. Felicia is a sophomore student here at VCU studying Mass Communications with a concentration in public relations. As a successful VCU student, we wanted her opinion on the most asked questions we get from prospective students. For those of you planning to join us this fall, we hope that our Frequently Asked Questions blog series will shed some light on being a VCU student. Remember, of course, that this is just one student’s perspective, but should give you some helpful hints and tips!
1) Should I live on campus my freshman year? Do I have to?
You are not required to live on campus your freshman year, but I would highly recommend doing so. VCU has six residential halls that freshman can live in: Brandt, Rhoads, Johnson, GRC II, GRC III and Cabaniss. The majority of VCU first-year students will live in the first three in the list – Brandt, Rhoads or Johnson. These residence halls offer suite-style living as well as traditional rooms.
I lived in Brandt in a four-person suite my freshman year and loved it. When you live in one of the residential halls you meet so many people! I came to VCU not knowing a soul, so I really enjoyed being able to easily make new friends just by living on campus.
Remember, VCU guarantees housing for freshman if you apply by the housing deadline which is June 1st, 2011. Make sure you get your applications in ASAP!
For more information, you can visit Residential Life and Housing’s website: http://www.housing.vcu.edu/.
Check back Friday for my thoughts on bringing a car to campus and how to get around VCU!