ICF at VCU

by Michelle Abanez, communications intern
The Intercultural Festival (ICF) at VCU is my favorite event of the year! It’s an official VCU tradition celebrating the diversity among students and the Richmond community. The theme for this year’s festival, held in Monroe Park, was “Seven Wonders of The World.”
activitIes at ICF
Two stages were set up offering a variety of performances throughout the event including dances, poetry, singing and fashion from around the world. The Ballroom Dancing Society, Crossroad Irish, Def Poets Society and Korean Student Gathering were just a few of the performers on hand for ICF.
KSG at ICF
My favorite part of the festival? The delicious food! Authentic Mexican, Indian, Thai and Turkish cuisine were offered, to name a few. I had chicken pad thai for the first time and loved it. I also made sure to save some room for a big delicious funnel cake!
vendors at ICF
Another big attraction at the festival was the petting zoo filled with llamas, chinchillas, sheep, ducks and bunnies. I could have spent hours petting that chinchilla! Other activities offered at ICF included a caricaturist, henna artists, face painting, picture taking, arts and crafts, and a velcro wall.
petting zoo at ICF
ICF gets bigger and better every year and it’s definitely an event you don’t want to miss when you come to VCU! For more information about ICF visit www.icfvcu.com .