Primeros Pasos, or First Steps, is a one-day program designed to provide Latino high school students and their families with an overview of the college experience and opportunities in higher education. Virginia Commonwealth University students, parents, administrators, faculty, and alumni will be available throughout the day to welcome you and share their experiences. Check-in begins at the Academic Learning Commons at 9 a.m. The day’s activities will begin with welcoming remarks at 9:45 a.m.
The day will feature interactive sessions for both students and parents. Activities include:
- Bilingual workshop for parents about financial aid
- Panel discussion with students from VCU’s Latino community
- Demystifying college admissions process workshop
- Conversations with representatives from the Office of Admissions
- A campus tour and lunch on campus
RSVP online by Nov. 10, 2017, or by contacting Kevin Mondragon at (804) 828-1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If special accommodations are needed due to a disability, please contact the VCU Welcome Center at (804) 827-2000 at least two weeks before the event.