Waitlist – Frequently Asked Questions

If you have been waitlisted for admission to VCU and have some questions about your status, here is some information that you may find helpful.

Q: What is my rank on VCU’s waitlist? Is there a way to tell where I am on the waitlist?
A: VCU’s waitlist is not ranked.

Q: What are my chances of getting off the waitlist? How quickly does VCU move through the waiting list?
A: Each year is different depending on the number of spaces we have available.

Q: Why was I put on the waitlist? What does it mean?
A: VCU received over 18,000 applications for the incoming freshman of the fall 2018 semester. The waiting list was determined based on the academic competitiveness of the applicant pool.

Q: When will I hear whether I have been moved off of the waitlist or been admitted?
A: Applicants who have notified VCU in writing of their wish to remain on the waitlist will receive word of their admission by June 1st. Depending on space available, you may hear back from us sooner.

Q: May I submit additional material for review of my admission?
A: You may submit additional academic material including updated transcripts and test scores. This academic information may be sent to our admissions office at Box 842526, Richmond, VA 23284-2526.

IMPORTANT: Applicants who wish to remain on VCU’s waiting list must notify the Office of Admissions of this by emailing ugradwaitlist@vcu.edu by May 1st. Please include your full name, address and birth date in your email so that we can identify your application. If we do not hear from you by May 1st, your name will be removed from the waiting list and you will no longer be considered for admission for the fall 2018 semester.

If you have any other questions about the waiting list, please contact us at ugradwaitlist@vcu.edu, or call (804) 828-1222 or (800) 841-3638 and ask to speak with an admissions counselor.

Follow VCU Office of Admissions on…
Facebook: Virginia Commonwealth University Office of Admissions
Twitter: @VCUAdmissions
Instagram: @vcuadmissions