A quick list of some changes I noticed:
- Changed recommendation system to GRADE
- CPR compression rate should be at least 100 and not greater that 120/min.
- Mechanical CPR devices may be considered, but manual CPR is still standard of care.
- ECMO is being studied, but no RCTs to demonstrate effect on survival. May be considered in refractory arrest with a suspected reversible cause.
- Vasopressin removed from cardiac arrest algorithm to streamline approach
- The steroids, vasopressin, and epinephrine bundle may be considered but cannot be recommended at this time.
- Lipid emulsion therapy may be considered for cardiac arrest due to drug toxicity.
- Recommend use of two troponins and risk stratification tool to identify patients at low risk of MACE at 30 days.