Are you a VCU undergraduate student who is currently conducting research under an awesome faculty member at VCU? Do you know a professor or faculty member who goes above and beyond to create research opportunities for undergraduate students? If so, nominate them for a UROP Faculty Mentorship Award so we can acknowledge their contributions!
Go to: http://go.vcu.edu/uropmentoraward to submit a statement of no more than 500 words explaining why the chosen nominee deserves an outstanding mentorship award. Please use specific examples that detail your nominee’s contribution to undergraduate research at VCU. The deadline for submissions is April 4th.
Consider the following criteria in your nomination:
• How has the nominee enhanced the skills related to undergraduate research in their discipline?
• How has the nominee expanded the knowledge base of student researchers?
• How has the nominee assisted undergraduates in their engagement with research?
• How has the nominee guided students in the acquisition of research presentation skills?
• What lasting impression has the nominee made on students’ future academic and professional plans?
Email Herb Hill at email@example.com with any questions.