Auctus: The Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creativity is student-run and peer-reviewed. Auctus accepts submissions from VCU undergraduates in all disciplines. The journal welcomes submissions of research articles, technical papers, expository articles and works of creative scholarship including visual art, music, creative writing, film and multi-media projects.
Who Can Submit?
Undergraduate students enrolled at Virginia Commonwealth University may submit toAuctus. Graduates may submit research up to two years after graduation as long as the research was conducted as an undergraduate while attending VCU.
What Can I Submit?
Auctus accepts submissions from all disciplines. The editors of Auctus encourage submissions of both original work as well as reprints, if permitted by the original publisher. In the case of reprints, please provide us with the original publication information so that we may provide appropriate credit.
Multiple submissions are welcome, but only one submission per author will be published each semester. Simultaneous submissions with other publications are also accepted. Accepted authors grant the journal one-time electronic serial publishing rights. Authors retain all copyright.
Auctus evaluates research using VCU’s definition of undergraduate research.If you are unsure whether your submission fulfills these guidelines, please contact email@example.com.
Guidelines for Humanities, Social Sciences, and STEM Submissions:
- Research that engages local, regional or international communities is encouraged within all three topic disciplines.
- Humanities topics include (but are not limited to) history, linguistics, languages, literature, philosophy, ethics, logic, mass communications and religion.
- Social science topics include (but are not limited to) anthropology, archaeology, cultural and ethnic studies, economics, education, gender/sexuality, geography, political science, policy, business, psychology and sociology.
- STEM topics include (but are not limited to) astronomy, earth sciences, chemistry, physics, computer sciences, mathematics, technology, engineering, environmental science and health care.
Guidelines for Creative Submissions:
- Works that engage local, regional, or international communities are encouraged.
- Works that combine media or genres are encouraged.
- A single submission may contain one piece or a series of pieces that are interconnected.
- Creative submissions should be accompanied by an artist statement.
- Visual and performing arts include (but are not limited to) music compositions, dance performance documentations, fashion design, sculpture, photography, paintings, prints, illustrations, crafts, graphic arts, film and kinetic imagery.
- Literary arts include (but are not limited to) literary fiction, non-fiction and poetry that experiments with the form and function of the genre or, in other ways, investigates the creative process.
Visit Auctus and submit your work at http://www.auctus.vcu.edu/