The Spring 2013 Gilman Scholarship application is now open!
What does this mean for you? How do you apply? What makes for a competitive application? What do you need to know?
This fall, the Education Abroad office is offering Gilman Scholarships 101, a comprehensive guide to applying for a Gilman Scholarship! Check in on the blog every week for updates and tips for your Gilman application.
Read on for the first five steps to a Gilman Scholarship…
1) Read through the Gilman Selection Criteria to see if you are eligible. Do you receive a Pell Grant? Are you a US Citizen or US National? Do you plan to study abroad during Spring 2013?
2) If you answered yes to all of these questions and would like to apply, contact email@example.com to set up an appointment with an advisor.
3) Begin your application online. Draft your Statement of Purpose essay and submit it to the Education Abroad Office.
4) An Education Abroad advisor will give you feedback about your essay and help you to make a competitive application.
5) Submit your revised materials by September 17th to the Education Abroad office. We will work together to polish your application before the Gilman deadline of October 2nd, 2012.
Best of luck future VCU Gilman scholars – we look forward to working with you!